In 2021, Peking University launches the “Global Open Courses” program, under which selected Peking University offline courses are offered to overseas college students to attend synchronously with their peers at PKU, so that Chinese and foreign students can “gather in the cloud” and learn together.
1. Global Open Courses are open to students from PKU’s partner universities. Participants must also be enrolled at their home institution during the Spring 2022 semester. If you are not sure whether your university has a partnership agreement with PKU or not, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Peking University’s 2022 Spring Semester will last from February 21, 2022, to June 26, 2022. Course scheduling will follow the academic calendar of Peking University.
3. Some of the Global Open Courses are taught in English, and some in Chinese. Participants must have adequate proficiency in the language the course is being taught in.
Application General Instruction
1. Application for the Global Open Courses must be done online at http://www.studyatpku.com.
2. Online application period:
Starts: January 10, 2022
Ends: February 6, 2022
The online application system will only be open during that time. Please complete the application and course selection within the above specified time period.
1. Go to the online application webpage at http://www.studyatpku.com.
2. Register your account with your email address and log in.
When signing up, please ensure that the email address you provide is one that you access frequently. After signing up successfully, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided. All announcements regarding the program, including the distribution of your transcript, will be sent to the email address you provided.
3. Click on Application. Then enter the Project Code of Global Open Courses Program and click Submit.
We have sent the Project Code to our partner universities. Students from PKU’s partner universities can get the Project Code from their home institution.
4. Apply for Global Open Courses.
5. Fill in all the required information.
For Basic Information, please upload a headshot photo with dimensions of 640*480px in JPG/BNP/GIF/PNG format and with a file size of less than 1 MB.
6. Choose your courses.
(1)Please make sure that you have finished choosing your courses before you click “submit”!!!
(2)Please make sure that the courses you choose do not conflict with your compulsory courses in your home institution.
(3)The Global Open Courses Program requires online students to attend PKU’s in-person courses in real time (that is, you must attend the course at the same time that the students in Beijing attend the course). Due to the possibility of time zone differences, each student will be limited to enrolling in two courses only.
(4)The number of online students admitted for each course will depend on each course’s capacity. Applications will be accepted on a “rolling” (first come, first served) basis until the course is full. Only when you finish the entire application process and choose your courses will your application be processed.
(5)The expectations for students attending courses online are the same as for those who are attending courses offline. Attendance is one of the ways students are assessed; therefore, students attending online courses are required to turn on their cameras during class. If a student is unable to turn his/her camera on due to medical reasons, he/she should communicate with the instructor.
(6)Please cherish online teaching resources and choose your course(s) carefully. Any unexplained withdrawal or absence from a course will affect your academic record in the Global Open Courses Program.
(7)After you submit your application online, you will not be allowed to change or add courses.
(8)Please check the 2022 Spring Global Open Courses syllabus carefully to make sure that you know the teaching language of each course. Some courses have prerequisite courses.
(9)The drop class application period will beFebruary 21, 2022 – March 6, 2022. If you wish to drop a course, you must do so within this time period. If you don't attend the class and also don’t drop out of the course, your transcript will show an “F” for the course.
7. Submit your application.
After submitting your online application, please wait for admission confirmation.You can check for your course registration confirmation in the application system.
If you have any questions about the Global Open Courses enrollment process, please email email@example.com.